SMACK/URL:The Worlds Most respected MC Battle Arena drops another classic MC Battle from their Summer Madness 2 event. This match up is between St. Louis native Hitman Holla and New York’s John John Da Don. These two MC’s have had a troubled past dating back to their epic dispute at URL’s 2012 spring event in Chicago. This grudge match is a high paced entertaining battle that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. To see more of the worlds biggest MC Battles log on to http://www.urltv.tv or subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/Theurltv. Follow us @URLTV @HITMANHOLLA and @JohnJohnDaDon .
Three things I must add:
1. Missouri STAND UP! Besides Tech N9ne we haven’t been relevant in the rap game in a minute!
2. What were some of your favorite punchlines?
3. Who do you think won? Hitman is talented, he definitely has originality and attack, but in my opinion John John definitely won over him in lyricism and delivery. But what do you think? Vote below and comment and tell me why!
So as I was sitting in Atlanta’s Lenox Mall in the food court, I looked up at tv screens displaying random music videos when I discovered a gem: Bluey Robinson. The 22 year-old London native is not only attractive but unexpectedly soulful. After I saw the video for Coming Back, I went to do YouTube research and found multiple covers that I’ve come to want to hear more than the song. After touring with Justin Bieber, he released The Mixtape in 2010, and then continued stealing my heart with covers of Stevie Wonder’s All I Do and Musiq’s Just Friends [found below]. His single, Showgirl, was released later that year. He’s now vamping up for the release of a new mixtape; at the moment the release date and name are unknown. Check back here for more updates.
Trip Lee and the 116 Clique perform the 116 Anthem in Atlanta,GA at the Man Up Conference; a three day event that uses sermons, concerts and interactive events to bring youth, specifically young men closer to Christ. Check out Trip‘s album The Good Life and Lecrae‘s album Gravity [which just dropped last week] and check back here for more news on both artists. Also check out Andy Mineo crowd-surfing in the video below.
Just weeks after professing that he was the love of her life and that she still loved him, pop superstar Rihanna proved her affection for her platinum-haired ex Chris Brown by giving him a kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards last night. In an interview with Oprah that had the entire world talking, Rihanna shared that she still had feelings for her “first love” despite the fact that he assaulted her in February of 2009 and is still on probation for the incident. A restraining order was also filed, but was mutually dropped months later.
“He was the love of my life,” Rihanna says. “I still love him. We’re very close friends now and we’re not trying to change that.”
The kiss is controversial for a number of reasons.
1. Domestic abuse prevention agencies are GOING IN on Rih, insisting that she is condoning and encouraging violence by espressing her love and maintaining an amiable relationship with Chris.
2. Chris was involved in an altercation with rapper/singer Drake, who has also confessed his affection for Rihanna on a number of occasions. [ie, one of the baddest women ever, I call her Rihanna; but that’s ’cause her name is Rihanna] Although the fight was reportedly over a thrown bottle in an NYC club [read the story here], many still like to speculate that is was at least partially over Rihanna.
3. My personal favorite awkward moment of the night-during their performance of Cockiness (Love It) remix, Harlem rapper (and in my opinion, one of the rookies of the year) A$AP Rocky and Rihanna shared visible, playful chemistry. Then, the rapper walked up to Rihanna, kissed her on the neck, and grabbed her ass for at LEAST three seconds. This was hilarious to me being a fan of A$AP and realizing that he did this fully aware that Drake and Chris Brown were watching from their seats in the the front row.The singer then playfully pushed him away and continued performing. Check the image below.
So, what do you think of the events that transpired last night. I personally was very entertained by all of it. Comment and let me know what you think!
In October, North Carolina emcee, Morehouse student and Southern genteleman Miles Stonewill be dropping his much-anticipated mixtape Blue Collar. The mixtape, which features bangers from twerk songs like Over to “rainy day” songs like This Evening to ridin’ songs like Go Hard is set to drop this month. I went behind the scenes to see the process by which such dopeness was created. Check the video out + Keep It Player! Blue Collar is set to drop in early October!! Follow @carinecassell and @iammilesstone for updates!